What a terrific day we had today. Thank you to the Parents’ Club for quickly reorganising when we had to cancel on Wednesday. The event was a success and the financial contributions collected from our community will go towards extra shade around our school.
CAMPS SPORTS AND EXCURSIONS FUND – CSEF
Eligible families are welcome to apply for funding support supplied from the government. A payment of $125 per primary school child is available to those eligible parents/carers. Please contact the office for further details.
Next week all staff will be involved in planning week. This is an invaluable opportunity for staff to get together to plan the Term 2 curriculum and ensures our high expectations are catered for and also allows preparation time to ensure our dynamic and engaging learning programs continue.
Thanks to those parents who have made payments towards their Essential Education Items. These payments are due by the end of Term 1. We would appreciate these payments being made as soon as possible.
BUSINESS MANAGER FAREWELL
Next week will be the last school week Mr Stephen Milward will be our Business Manager. Unfortunately for us Steve has accepted a position at Auburn High College. This is a terrific opportunity for Steve and he is looking forward to working in the secondary context. Steve has made many valuable contributions to the smooth running of the McKinnon school office since May last year. We wish him all the best in his new position.
NEW STUDENT MOBILE PHONE POLICY
This week the School Council approved the new Student Mobile Phone policy. A copy of this policy is located on Compass and our school website. Please familiarise yourself with the new policy if your child is bringing a mobile phone to school.
JUST A REMINDER –PARENT PAYMENT EXCURSION/INCURSION PROTOCOL
Thank you to all our community who are really working hard to ensure their child’s consent and payment is paid by the due date. AS you will see we are working to improve QKR! from our end as well and please do not hesitate to contact the office if you need any support with payments or help with the technology. We also plan to run an information session for both Compass and QKR! in Term 2 just for parents. Please see the protocol below that was posted on compass on Monday 20th March.
What you can expect from the school
- We will provide a minimum of 2 weeks advance notice about a due payment for an excursion or incursion.
- We will make it clear on the note the due date for payment. We will include this due date on the calendar of events in the newsletter and on the Compass calendar.
- We will send out a reminder to parents 5 working days before payment due to all parents on Compass. (Teachers will not phone you if you haven’t paid)
- We will close the QKR payment portal 3 clear working days before the event.
- We will accept payment by card or cash during business hours between 8.30am – 4.30pm up until the due date of payment.
- We will organise a class for your child to go to with suitable work for the duration of the incursion/excursion if you miss the due date.
- We will organise financial support for any family who needs it but this must occur before the due date of the incursion/excursion.
- We will provide you with your BPay family code if you would like to utilise this option, you need to request this a minimum of 5 days before the event.
- Due to organisation and the responsibility of duty of care required of students we will not accept late payments.
Some Helpful Hints
- QKR will not work if you have missed the due date. It cuts off at 11.59pm on the due date of payment.
- QKR can email your receipts after every transaction by choosing this option in your settings. This helps keep track of your payments.
- On QKR please choose your child before you choose the event. Please be aware if you select the wrong child, payment will not show against the right child.
- QKR can now be accessed on a PC. The website is: qkr.mastercard.com/store
- Please make sure you keep up with the updates for the QKR app.
If you have any further feedback please don’t hesitate to contact the office to organise a suitable time.
BULLYING NO WAY
Last Friday, March 17th was Bullying No Way! Day, which was the national day of action against bullying and violence in schools around Australia. The Year 4 classes have been studying a Unit of Inquiry on Peace and Conflict under the transdisciplinary theme of ‘Sharing the Planet’. The central idea is that “resolving conflict enables us to live peacefully.” The Year 4 students wanted to make a difference by sharing some facts about bullying with the rest of the school. The students were separated into small groups and went to every classroom in the school. After some excellent discussions about stopping bullying and violence, every student received a Bullying No Way! Day wristband. Well done to the Year 4 students for taking action!
Due to high levels of interest from families, we will be offering the Science, English and Mathematics subjects for testing. Payments and consent will be available through QKR next term.
Don’t forget last day of school is Friday 31st March and we have an early finish time of 2.30pm.
Enjoy the weekend,
Simone, Natalie & Ben