THE MAGNIFICENT HOEDOWN
It was a sensational community night last Thursday with our performers from Foundation to Year Two taking the stage. The community was buzzing with excitement which was demonstrated by the finale of the Nutbush. The students looked terrific in their country and western gear and danced with smiles on their faces. Thank you so much to all the staff for helping out on the night, it was definitely a team effort and to the Parent Club for organising the BBQ and stalls.
SUN SMART KIDS
We observed our students during yard duty the other day and were impressed by the high level of compliance by our students in remembering their SunSmart hat in the yard. We need to be especially careful during high UV times as it does not take long in the sun for burning and skin damage to take place. Much better to take protective measures such as covering up, wearing sunscreen and wearing hats so that our students can enjoy the outdoors. A reminder to our community that students without hats in the yard will be sent to the designated sun protected area (two big trees at the front of the school). Another important reminder is for students to ensure they neatly store their hats in a secure area such as their bag or on their bag lockers during class time and make sure it is clearly labelled with their name so that it is returned to them if misplaced.
OHSC PROVIDER UPDATE
At our October School Council meeting we made a decision to appoint a new Before, After School and Vacation Care provider at McKinnon Primary School as we continue to refine and enhance the programs and opportunities we provide for our students.
We are excited to announce that TeamKids, formerly known as Team Holiday, will now operate our Before, After School and Vacation Care Program commencing on Monday 7th January 2019. I would like to thank Camp Australia for their contribution and service over the last nine years.
We are confident that the partnership that we now have with TeamKids will benefit all students and families and their focus on supporting our community will be great for our school.
TeamKids are setting a new standard in the OSHC space and are focused on:
- Building parental and student confidence through the quality of outstanding programs
- Maintaining a firm focus on employing teacher qualified or pre-qualified professionals
- Creating child-led, tried and tested programs that enrich and extend children
- Building long-lasting relationships with McKinnon and the broader community
- Providing industry-leading educator-to-student ratios of 1:10.
Additionally, TeamKids employ a qualified full-time Director of Service at every B&A service, who have two overarching responsibilities:
- Implement age-appropriate experiences that are engaging and fun, but also create learning environments that are warm, unique and stimulating, a place where children don’t have to go, they want to go.
- Ensure consistency of staff, provide an exemplary level of communication with the children and parents and ensure that we build a strong, genuine relationship with the school and the broader community.
As a School Council we are very conscious and aware that with change can come some uncertainty, and we are confident that the communication and information from TeamKids will help make the transition to this new program be a smooth and successful one. Please look out for further updates in the coming days and weeks as together; we look to support the establishment of a strong partnership with TeamKids and great experiences for our students.
All families will need to register with TeamKids, as your enrolment and bookings with Camp Australia cannot be transferred across.
If you have not used TeamKids before then you will need to register your child and add your bookings for Term Three. Please go to the website www.teamkids.com.au and select our program and follow the enrolment instructions.
If you have used TeamKids before, please contact their Customer Service Team and they will link your account. You will then just need to add your bookings for Term One 2019.
Please contact their Customer Service team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 95320366 #1 if you have any questions.
Team Kids will be offering these transition events below in 2018 in preparation for beginning on Monday 7th January 2019.
- Free Coffee Van – Informal meet & greet with our Director of Service & School Community, providing parents a free coffee at 7.15am on Friday 23rd November near the Anzac Garden on Collins Street
- 2019 Prep Information Morning – Formal morning where we will introduce ourselves and our service through a presentation and provide time for Q&A with parents. Friday 23 November, at 9.15am in the staffroom
- Parent Information Evening – Formal evening where we will introduce ourselves and our service through a presentation and provide time for Q&A with parents. This will be held at 6pm on Wednesday 28th November in the staffroom
,Have a great weekend,
Simone, Ben and Suzanne