Parents seeking to enrol children are welcome to join a school tour. Tours run most Friday mornings at 10am. Bookings are essential. Please call 03 9578 1851 to secure your place.
Enrolment forms are now available on the school website or you may collect from the office.
OUR SCHOOL ZONE
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For more information
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: email@example.com
McKinnon Primary School
All children entering primary school must be five years of age by the 30th April of the starting year. Children who turn five after that date begin school the following year.
Enrolment Application and Checklist
To enrol your child in a Victorian government school you will need to provide their school with important information about your child, including:
- The completed enrolment form
- Evidence of your child’s date of birth – birth certificate or Australian passport (if they were not born in Australia, a passport or travel document such as a visa, and a transcript of their birth certificate)
- Immunisation History Statement from Australian Immunisation Register (can be obtained from Medicare)
- Confirm you are living within the McKinnon Primary School Zone https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au/
- Proof of residential address – 2 documents including an electricity bill for usage
- Copy of visa (if applicable)
Please ensure the enrolment form is completed in full including:
- Emergency contact details
- Medical condition details (if applicable) – please note, if you wish us to record that your child has an allergy, you MUST provide us with details of such allergy and the applicable Action Plan for Allergic Reactions
- Anaphylaxis Plan (if applicable)
- Asthma Plan (if applicable)
- Action Plan for Allergic Reaction (if applicable)
- Most recent school report – for students enrolling in any year except Foundation
- A separate application must be completed for each enrolling child.
An enrolment interview may be requested
- To discuss the details on your enrolment application
- To identify any specific learning support your child may require
- Organise uniforms, stationery and any fees payable
Please hand your forms in at the office – 253 Tucker Road, Ormond or email firstname.lastname@example.org