2023 ENROLMENT OR RELOCATION
A reminder for any parents who are yet to enrol their children for 2023, please do so as soon as possible as places are filling fast and planning for next year has commenced. Please let us know if you are intending to enrol or if you are relocating next year and will no longer be attending McKinnon Primary in 2023.
Child Safety is everyone’s responsibility and at McKinnon we are committed to the health and safety of our students. We have established a variety of policies and processes to provide an environment where children are safe and feel safe. In its planning, decision-making and operations McKinnon Primary School will:
- take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to child safety
- value and empower children to participate in decisions which affect their lives
- foster a culture of openness that supports all persons to safely disclose risks of harm to children
- respect diversity in cultures and child-rearing practices while keeping child safety paramount
- provide written guidance on appropriate conduct and behaviour towards children
- engage only the most suitable people to work with children and have high-quality staff and volunteer supervision and professional development
- ensure children know who to talk with if they are worried or are feeling unsafe and that they are comfortable and encouraged to raise such issues
- report suspected abuse, neglect or mistreatment promptly to the appropriate authorities
- share information appropriately and lawfully with other organisations where the safety and wellbeing of children is at risk
- value the input of and communicate regularly with families and carers.
All the school’s child safety documents are readily available on the school’s webpage for all staff, parents and students to read at any time. If any member of our community has concerns about the health, safety or wellbeing of any of our students at any time, we encourage you to contact DHHS or the school to discuss.
STUDENT REPORTS RELEASED TODAY FRIDAY 17TH JUNE ON COMPASS
Student reports are being released today. If your family requires a hard copy of your child’s report please contact the office.
PARENT TEACHER MEETINGS
The Parent Teacher Meetings are online on Teams on Monday 20th June 1.45pm until 5.45pm. If you haven’t made a booking yet please do on Compass.
SEX EDUCATION AUSTRALIA (SEA) INFORMATION NIGHTS
On Wednesday 15th of June, we hosted a huge number of parents and students in the gym for SEA information nights. These were designed to spark important conversations about sex education tailored for Years 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 students. We were amazed by the huge turnout – in some cases having upwards of 150 participants in a session. We have already received some wonderful feedback about the experience and the valuable opportunity it created to hold important discussions with your children in a structured and supported manner. We hope that this evening started or continued such conversations and built further connections between you and your children around this area. There was also an online parent only session held on Wednesday 8th June. Thank you to all parents and students who attended these nights.
SECURITY OVER THE HOLIDAYS
If you do notice anything untoward happening on the school grounds over the holidays can you please call the police on 000 immediately.
- Don’t forget end of term pick up on 24th June is at 2:30pm.
- First day of Term Three is Monday 11th July
- No school on Monday 18th July as there is a Curriculum Day. Team Kids are available.
As we finish up the end of term next week, we would just like to say a big thankyou to the teachers and the education support staff for their contribution and their continued desire to reflect and refine what they do, to make a difference to the community they work with. Thank you to our wider community who have continued to support the school and their children through the various school events as we all recover from what has been an unpredictable two years of COVID.
Have a relaxing break
Simone, Suzanne and David